Join us in Telegram!
Job title: Testing & Commissioning Engineer
Job description: We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
About Alstom in India
Alstom has established a strong presence in India. Currently, the company is executing metro projects in several Indian cities including Chennai, Kochi and Lucknow where it is supplying Rolling Stock manufactured out its state of the art facility at SriCity in Andhra Pradesh. In the Mainline space, Alstom is executing Signaling & Power Supply Systems for the 343 Km. section on World Bank funded Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor. Phase 1 in the construction of the new electric locomotive factory for manufacturing and supply of 800 units of 12000HP locomotives is also complete at Madhepura, Bihar while the depot at Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh is ready to commence operation. Alstom has set up an Engineering Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, and this coupled with a strong manufacturing base as well as localized supply chains, is uniquely positioned to serve customers across the globe. Today, Alstom in India employs close to 3600 people and in line with Government of India’s ‘Make in India’ policy initiative, Alstom has been investing heavily in the country in producing world class rolling stock, components, design, research and development to not only serve the domestic market, but also rest of the world. www.alstom.com/ India
Purpose of the Job/Objective
This role is of Field Engineer for Rolling Stock Commissioning and Warranty activities at Mumbai Depot – MML3 Project.
- Hierarchical Reporting : Project T&C Manager
Network & Links
- T&C: Project T&C Manager, Test Engineering Technician, Train Manager
- Project: Engineering team
- Industrial: Manufacturing team
- Industrial Quality: Industrial Quality Technician
- Sourcing: Suppliers technicians
External Interface : External Customers
KPI Measurment :
- CONQ (external to testing)
- EHS: Zero Fatality and Severe Injuries
- CONQ (internal to Testing)
- Lead Time
- Customer acceptance before commissioning
Responsibilities * Understand in detail the Acceptance Criteria of the customer for the Project/Product.
- Respect with rigour the test procedures and perform all the activities mentioned therein for commissioning of the Trains and the result properly recorded.
— Perform the repair of failures as soon as they appear.
— Trace with precision and rigour each failure.
— In case of unsolved deviations, escalate to the T&C Management * Propose improvement of the process.
- Work in a team spirit and transparency with its shift and the other shift.
- Ensure Interface and perfect working relationship with : Test Engineering Technician, Industrial Quality.
- Escalate any non up-to-date testing tools.
- Should be aware of their KPI’s and and performance on the repective KPI’s.
- Complies with EHS procedures.
- Reports Deviations, Near-misses and Accidents.
- Ensure the Tools and right Spare parts are available to carry out their activities.
- Review and improve continuously the operational activities to ensure productivity targets are met.
- Consolidate and well document Test Reports.
- Complies with EHS procedures and AZDP Policy
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Job date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 22:28:49 GMT
Join us in Telegram!
Apply for the job now!